2015 was a big year. A scary, fun, crazy year.
I moved at least four times. I switched my major. I transferred colleges. I fell in love. I got engaged. I bought a wedding dress. (Er, I let my parents buy me a wedding dress).
I’ve learned many things in 2015:
- Don’t tell God what you want Him to do. (Or you might *surprise* end up falling in love with your best friend).
- Be firm with Israeli street vendors.
- You will never have enough money to do everything you want to do or help everyone you want to help. Be happy anyway.
- Spotify has a section for “sleep sounds.” They’re all a little trippy.
- Nose piercings don’t hurt until the adrenaline wears off, about 20 minutes later.
- Some people fry their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. What? (I’m looking at you, Kent and John-Thomas).
- Karaoke is best enjoyed at 2:00AM.
- Dogs don’t like karaoke.
- I really, really want a dog.
- Purdue students chant “IU sucks” at basketball games. Even when they’re not playing IU.
- Giordano’s is in fact the best pizza in Chicago, and anyone who tells you differently is poorly mistaken.
- It doesn’t matter that Chicago is “on a grid!” You can still get very, very lost.
- It’s possible for me to go an entire year without totaling my car. (Knock on wood).
- My brother has never read my blog. (So I can air my grievances on here without him knowing? Stay tuned).
Back in May, I decided it would be a good idea to start a blog. (Hindsight is 20/20). In June I published the first post, “Precariosities Explored.” I’m happy to say that although it’s still a wee little baby blog, Precariosities hit 15,000 views at the end of December 2015!
For those interested in an update on my personal life:
I’m currently juggling wedding planning and…nope, that’s it. I have an easy life. In January I’ll be starting my second semester of Business Administration at Ivy Tech.
After the semester, I’m gettin’ hitched! Kent and I will relocate for his job, but not before we become world travelers. May will be Alaska, June will be Cancun, and July will be Ireland. We’ll get a little bit of everything: cold, hot, and whatever Ireland is. Is Guinness a weather term?
A note concerning Precariosities:
Do you have something on your heart you’d like to share? Do you enjoy writing pieces that wouldn’t be put anywhere else except on a blog?
Do you own your own business? Would you like your product or service to be tried, reviewed, and advertised on Precariosities?
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, ideas, offers, compliments, or criticisms!
Your support, prayers, and love for me, my life, my blog, my work, and my passions is incredible. I love you all.
2016 will be fun 🙂